How to Cope When You Are Exhausted
You know how you always have great plans to finish projects, get ahead, and just be AWESOME?! Well, another week’s gone by and I didn’t get ahead, I didn’t finish up projects…but I was awesome, I think!
But I’m tired — it’s almost 9 pm and I just realized that somehow I forgot to finish up the post I was working on to be published before 9 am. How does that happen?
Because my brain is fried, and because I am dedicated to making sure I publish something every Wednesday I thought I’d just talk a bit about being exhausted.
That’s how I’m feeling right now. Up too late several nights this week, up too early several mornings…fast food (yuck!) and I am feeling RUN DOWN and tired, oh so tired. I took a nap this afternoon, and truthfully I slept too long and I didn’t wake up feeling refreshed…I felt irritated and annoyed and VERY sluggish.
All I can do now is move on and work towards getting back on schedule and eating right so that I feel my best.
When You Are Exhausted…
- Give yourself grace. Whether you’re swamped at work or with volunteer projects or babies keeping you up all night, know that this is just a season and it will pass.
- Relax, put your feet up when you have a moment and drink a glass of water.
- Drink lots of water! While you might be tempted to grab a cup of coffee or soda — I promise you will feel a million times better if you drink water instead.
- Nap, a short nap is better, if you can.
- Try to get to bed earlier, if possible!
- If babies are keeping you up, try to sleep when they do.
(Forgive my typos or grammatical errors tonight! I am sleepy…I have not added pictures yet, but at least I can say I published a post and didn’t miss a week!)